Summer is officially here and it’s time to get outside to explore. If your kids are anything like mine, they’re constantly on the go, in a creek, up a tree, hiking a trail, jumping out of a swing or digging for worms, so they need clothing and footwear that’s durable, waterproof and comfortable. Over the last few years we’ve gone through many a pair of summer sandals and water shoes. Some were destroyed and some were lost. Some were worn only once because they were “pinchy.” Some were worn well past their prime because they were so beloved. I’ve had a few recent requests and questions about summer shoes and gear, so I put together a list of our favorite summer kids sandals below, along with the top picks of a few of my fellow outdoor mamas.
1. Nike Sunray AdjustSandal ($28) // 2. KEEN Newport H2 Sandal ($50) // 3. Crocs Kids Unisex Coast Clog ($18)
4. KEEN Unisex-Kids Moxie Mary Jane Flat ($26) // 5. Plae Mimo ($35) // 6. Nike Sunray Sandal ($28)
7. Merrell Hydro Monarch Water Sandal ($39) // 8. Stride Rite Made 2 Play Phibian ($32) // 9. CIOR Water Shoes Quick-Dry Swimming Sneakers ($18)
10. Teva Toachi Sandal ($38) // 11. Crocs Classic K Flip Flop ($19) // 12. Plae Sam 2.0 ($50)
13. Crocs Kids’ Swiftwater Easy-On Shoe ($40) // 14. Native Slip-On Sneaker ($33) // 15.Chaco ZX1 Ecotread Sandal ($55)
These summer shoes, sandals and water shoes range anywhere from $18-$55. Most styles come in a wide variety of colors and sizes (from toddler to teen). I’ve found a few of these brands super cheap on sale sites like Zulily or at Nordstrom Rack. I’ve also had great luck finding some of the more durable brands (Keens, Tevas, Chacos) in excellent shape at local resale shops, so I didn’t pay full price. These brands are super sturdy and hold up for more than once season. They can be passed down to a younger sibling or resold, so you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.