This post was sponsored by Mongoose Scooters. A scooter was provided as post compensation and for review purposes. All opinions expressed and photos herein belong to the author.
I’m excited to bring you a really fun review of a new scooter for kids from Mongoose Scooters. Mongoose created their line of Force 3.0 scooters based on feedback from interviews and product testing with a sample group of kids and their parents. They’re durable, safe, stylish and affordable – a great overall combination and perfect for kids ages 7+. We had the awesome Araya Sunshyne (her mom Sarah is one of our fabulous Instagram moderators) test out the Mongoose Force 3.0 and give us her feedback. It was a hit!
Mongoose scooter highlights
- Bike style grips – these hold up better than traditional scooter grips and the kids like the feel more than the cushier fabric grips; we heard that this is something they wanted so we put that on a few of the scooter options
- Max Grip Tape – kids complained about sliding off either the deck or brake as many of the recreational scooters out there now don’t offer the same grippy coverage; we’ve put it across the entire deck and brake of all scooters
- Kickstand – both parents and kids complained of their scooters getting dinged up quickly so we added a kickstand to three of the 5 folding scooters
- Pro-style at an affordable price – we took our pro style scooters to Camp Woodward for the counselors and camp-goers to test out. These are people who follow trick scooter riders and athletes. After testing, they reported back that our scooters stood up to their entry level expert trick scooters but costs much less.
Mongoose Force 3.0
- Portable – easy folding kick scooter for storage and transport
- Protected – kickstand allows you to store the scooter upright to protect frame from damage
- Durable – bike-style grips and heavy duty frame that supports up to 220 pounds
- Smooth ride – wide handlebars offer enhanced steering control and 142 mm wheels provide a smoother ride
- $44.99 (available at Target)
Easy to assemble
My 7 year old daughter was so excited to get her Mongoose Force 3.0 Scooter! We opened it up and I was thrilled that it was so easy to get rolling. I was afraid it was going to be some complicated assembly where I needed tools and directions to put it together. But quite the opposite, it was so easy to put together! You take a bit of wrapping off and the handle bars pop right in. I only had to look at the directions one time to see which button to push to get it to unfold. Other than that, it was completely self-explanatory. Easy to understand directions are included, just in case you need any help.
Taking it for a spin
We folded it back up and headed down to the park to try it out. It was very easy to fold and unfold and it easily fits into the trunk of my car. And as soon as we got to the park, off she went! She rode around and around and loved it. I had a hard time getting her off of it to go home that night. Her little brother (4) wanted to give it a try, and even with his smaller height, he was easily able to ride it with no problems.
The grip on the board is great for keeping her feet steady on the body of the scooter. No slipping off! The wheels roll smoothly, making it a quick and smooth ride. She could also get some good speed going! The kickstand is also a nice feature. Instead of throwing it down on the ground as most kids do, she can put down the kick stand to keep it up right and help keep it from getting beat up like it might if was just being tossed on the ground every time.
Needless to say, we give this Scooter an A++. We have nothing bad to say about it! Easy to assemble, easy to ride, smooth, portable and so far it is holding up beautifully! She loves riding it to the park, around the neighborhood, and even around the house! It is easy to turn and maneuver so she hasn’t taken out any walls or furniture yet. Fingers crossed!
We highly recommend getting a Mongoose Scooter!!!
Sarah Robinson is mom of two, photographer, blogger, model and outdoor adventurist in Arizona. You can find her at any of the following locations: